The primary function of this role is to move semi-trucks through the scale in a timely manner for in and outbound loads. This includes sampling, grading and electronically documenting samples in the computer system.
Scale house operations
- Move trucks through the scale in a timely manner.
- Load and unload trucks.
- Professionally work with truckers on a day to day basis as the primary onsite contact.
- Hook up and disconnect trailers with yard semi to do preloads using bulk loading system as well as portable augers.
- Sample in and outbound loads including grading and running on sample computer system.
- Enter tickets the system.
- Maintain proper communication between the Fargo corporate office and the Buffalo scale house.
- General housekeeping of scale house.
- Adhere to all quality assurance standards.
- Support and adhere to the company’s safety program.
- Where trained, proactively identify and report to supervisor possible safety hazards.
- Timely, report accidents or near miss incidents as required by the safety program.
- Project work or items outside of this job description, as specified from time to time by the responsible manager.
- In common with all other personnel within Anchor Ingredients, the job holder is required to adhere to the company’s policies on safety, hygiene and good housekeeping. Specifically:
- To take reasonable care for the health and safety of himself/herself and that of other persons who may be affected by his/her acts or omissions
- To cooperate regarding any duty or requirement
- To report to his/her immediate manager any hazard which may be discovered on at the place of work.
- Demonstrate teamwork.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Hold a valid drivers license
- Demonstrated ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Semi-truck experience hooking up and dropping trailers (CDL not required)
- Grain grading experience a plus
- Inventory knowledge a plus
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships
- Ability to:
- Lift a minimum of 50 pounds
- Stand for extended periods of time
- Work in dust
- Open traps on trucks and trailers
- Work in confined spaces
- Work at significant heights up to 150 feet
- Work in extreme temperatures
- Operate skid loader and telehandler
See the company’s website for more information.
|Job Category||Agriculture, Manufacturing and Processing, Transportation|