A Plastic Manufacturing Technician is responsible for the packaging, labeling and visual quality inspection of all products produced on their respective production line. A Plastic Manufacturing Technician is also required to assist Line Operators with line start-ups, shutdowns and tooling changeovers. Partners closely with the Line Operator to meet established production goals. This position requires the flexibility to work 40+ hours per week and weekends as required. This position reports directly to the shift Production Supervisor.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Embrace a culture of safety
- Ensure quality by conducting final visual inspections and labeling all finished goods
- Track quantity of units produced from the production line to ensure efficiency
- Utilize standard operating procedures to package pipe to be delivered to customers
- Maintain a safe working environment that includes the consistent use of Personal Protection Equipment to ensure your safety
- Assist with line tooling changes, start-ups, shutdowns and down-stream equipment set-up
- Ability to learn and stay current on pipe specifications and packaging requirements
- Practice continuous improvement which not only includes the line but also facility housekeeping
- Invest in your career with ADS. Build and maintain job skills and additional earning potential through company training programs
This position should possess the following skills/knowledge:
- Self-motivated and the ability to work independently
- Energetic and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to learn new skills
- Team oriented
- Basic Mathematical skills
- Team Shifts
Work-life balance: With more days off per month you’ll enjoy time away from work. You can plan your life around predictable schedules and extra days off for personal interests, hobbies and wellness activities.
Increased pay: Our 12-hour shift will increase take-home pay because you’ll earn at least 8 hours of OT each month.
Personal Savings: Employees will have fewer workdays per week which mean fewer hours commuting and lower expenses related to getting to and from work. At ADS this equals six less trips to work per month.
Educational Requirements: High School Diploma or equivalent
Preferred Experience: Previous industrial or manufacturing experience
- Ability to perform physical labor for extended periods of time in fluctuating temperatures.
- Position requires full range of body motion including twisting, bending, reaching, squatting and ability to mount/dismount industrial equipment and vehicles.
- Ability to stand and be mobile throughout a 12-hour shift.
- Ability to use hands, arms and legs to physically handle and transport finished goods.
See the company’s website for more information.
|Job Category||Manufacturing and Processing|