CHS has an exciting opportunity at our Sunflower plant in Grandin, ND. We are looking for a Packaging/Shipping Associate to assist in the daily operations of the plant. You must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, work well in a team environment, and be self-motivated.
- Operate scale and bag sealing equipment safely and efficiently while ensuring product is packaged in accordance to Company standards.
- Maintain all food products in accordance with food safety requirements.
- Stack product in prescribed pattern and quantity per pallet.
- Visually check product for color, size, and contamination. Report variances to Supervisor.
- Operate forklift or other powered industrial truck according to company policy.
- Clean and inspect all trailers before loading and ensure orders are loaded accurately and properly. Report any changes or problems to Supervisor immediately.
- Ensure work area is kept clean, orderly, and free of safety hazards.
- Perform routine maintenance of packaging equipment.
- Observe all safety and work rules, and practice GMPs as set by Company policy.
- Maintain sanitation schedules as assigned by Supervisor.
- Record all daily production neatly and accurately on the production sheets.
- Perform other jobs assigned.
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- High school diploma
- Additional Qualifications
- Packaging or related experience
- Understanding of good manufacturing practices (GMP) to achieve food safety requirements.
See the company’s website for more information.
|Job Category||Manufacturing and Processing|