CHS has an exciting opportunity at our sunflower plant in Grandin. We are looking for a machine operator who will assist in the daily operations of the plant, primarily in the operation of grain processing equipment. You must be detail oriented and be able to multitask with excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Operate and maintain processing equipment. Responsible for product quality, meeting food safety requirements and throughput in the assigned area. Knowledge of products, product quality factors and equipment capabilities is essential to ensure equipment is operated at the highest capacity and product quality meets expectations.
- Products received or shipped must be handled efficiently and accurately with regard to recording weight, product identification information, customer information and quality factors. Must have knowledge of the quality factors regarding products received and shipped. Drivers and growers are to be treated fairly and courteously.
- Responsible for housekeeping, sanitation schedule and general appearance of the assigned work area. Responsible for maintaining and repairing equipment as necessary.
- Maintain food safety requirements at all times. Employee must practice GMPs and other general safety procedures during production and repairs.
- Observe all safety and work rules, which includes wearing all safety equipment as specified.
- Perform other jobs as assigned by supervisor, production manager and plant superintendent (including transfer of product).
- Maintain strong communication with other employees in order to maintain efficient production.
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
Basic qualifications (required):
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2 years of warehouse experience
Preferred qualifications (desired):
- Packaging, machine operator or maintenance experience
- Experience in a food packaging facility
- Understanding of good manufacturing practices (GMP) to achieve food safety requirements
See the company’s website for more information.
|Job Category||Agriculture, Manufacturing and Processing|