Performs all duties in food preparation as assigned. Provides daily direction to cooks and other assigned areas ensuring all departmental standards and goals are met. Prepares, cooks, seasons and portions food for patients, staff and visitors of the designated facility, preparing and serving food within guidelines of menu and dietary requirements. Adheres to food quality standards of appearance, taste, temperature and sanitation. Performs washing and cleaning duties to ensure sanitation and cleanliness in cooking and serving areas. Maintains labeling and storage of food, equipment and machinery. Prepares and provides the highest quality and safest food possible to patients, co-workers, team members and guests. Works with many internal customers, requiring above-average communication as well as excellent teamwork skills. Displays ability to cook, function and thrive in a dynamic and changing culinary environment. Follows standardized recipes and Hazardous Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) guidelines to prepare, store and use food and food products. Documents HACCP steps, temperatures and outcomes to assure the safest food possible while following production sheets for daily and weekly menus. Operates equipment such as, but not limited to, mixers, slicers, kettles, combination ovens, food grinders, food processors, ovens, stovetops, induction burners, grills, deep fat fryers, knives, dishwashers, garbage disposals, refrigerators and freezers. Possesses ability to work independently when necessary. Possesses an understanding of food safety and sanitation processes. Exhibits understanding of basic math to appropriately measure alongside displaying proficiency in reading and understanding recipes. Demonstrates ability to be on feet for the majority of the day and walk far distances throughout the hospital.
- Assesses and validates decision options and points and predicts their potential impact.
- Breaks tasks into manageable steps that can be incorporated into a personal work plan.
- Communicates well downward, upward and outward.
- Develops and uses checklists to ensure that information goes out error free.
- Educates others on local, state and federal regulations for FNS.
- Facilitates the development of clear team norms and values collaboratively with members.
- Looks for and considers non-verbal cues from individuals and groups.
- Mentors others to prepare them for responsibilities.
- Performs corresponding food and kitchen preparation for internal or external inspection.
- Recommends appropriate and safe seasonings and spices for flavor enhancement.
- Responds to day-to-day operational priorities while still making progress on project work.
- Rotates menu choices to provide variety and choice within dietary guidelines.
- Depending upon location of hire, Serv Safe may be required to obtain within a designated time frame.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Possesses ability to read, write and follow oral and written directions.
- Ability to perform basic math.
- Depending upon location applying for, a minimum of two years experience and previous leadership experience preferred. On-the-job training will be provided.
See the company’s website for more information.
|Job Category||Food Service, Health Care|