Performs tasks as delegated and indicated on the care plan for assigned patients under the supervision of a registered nurse (RN) and willingly accepts delegated tasks. The aide understands the basic elements of body functioning and the physical and emotional changes including those which occur in the death and dying process. Utilizes appropriate age-related patient care protocols relating to the physical and psychological needs of neonatal, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients. Assists patients in daily living activities such as dressing and undressing, bathing and eating. Must have good interpersonal skills and be courteous and caring. Must know medical terminology, organizational policies and procedures. Requires ability to do detailed work correctly and function under and handle stress. Must be able to work with growth and development needs of all client populations. PRN position to provide home health aide, homemaking or respite hours as needed. Respite hours are typically 3 or 4 hours at a time. Provide services within approximately a 35-mile range of Mayville.
- Adheres to legal regulations and organizational policies when discussing patient health information.
- Applies home health care operating principles and practices within own position.
- Delivers written and oral communications that engage audience participants, respond to their questions and concerns and produce specific outcomes and impacts.
- Operates and maintains medical equipment based on specific policies.
- Promote a safe environment for patients, families, staff, residents and visitors and work collaboratively with the multi-disciplinary health care team to provide the best outcomes for patients.
- Certified nursing assistant (CNA) is preferred.
- Be registered as a home health aide through the North Dakota Department of Health within four months from the date of hire.
- Obtain and subsequently maintain required department-specific competencies and certifications.
- Valid driver’s license and proof of insurance required.
- Ongoing training and competency validation annually tracked.
- High school graduate or general equivalency diploma (GED) preferred, but not required.
- Completion of nurse aide training, including classroom and practical training, totaling 75 hours preferred. Within the 75 hours of training, a minimum of 16 hours supervised practical training and a minimum of 16 hours in classroom training.
See the company’s website for more information.
|Job Category||Health Care|