The Director of Activities and Recreation, under the supervision of the Administrator, is primarily responsible for the planning, coordinating, and supervising of all recreational activities in the skilled nursing and special care unit of Luther Memorial Home to meet the physical, social, spiritual, and emotional needs of the residents.
- Minimum: Must possess at a minimum a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Preferred: A 2- or 4-year degree in Gerontology, Fitness & Wellness, Recreation/Leisure studies, Recreational Therapy, and/or certified under the National Association of Activity Professional (NAAP).
- Minimum: Must have a minimum of 1 year experience directing/leading social/educational/recreational programs/classes.
- Preferred: More than 1 year experience directing/leading social/educational/recreational programs/classes. Management/Leadership experience overseeing a staff of employees.
- Must enjoy working with people.
- Must have good verbal skills to communicate with residents, staff members and community members.
- Must have a passion for helping others.
- Must possess the following abilities/skills: ability to develop a comprehensive activity schedule, staff and manage a robust activity department, utilize current trends and resources to increase/diversify activity offering, proficient computer skills that include the use of
- Microsoft products and other EHR software.
Job Description Available Upon Request
- Cover Letter
- Professional Resume
- Educational Transcripts/Certifications
- Reference List
- Three Letters of Recommendation
For more information about this great opportunity, please contact Assistant Administrator – Adam Edwards at 701.786.3401 or email@example.com. Apply online or come in and apply in person at: Luther Memorial Home, 750 Main Street East, Mayville ND 58257.
|Job Category||Health Care, Recreation|