Enumerator (Census Taker) hours can be flexible.
- Use automated devices (e.g. smartphones or laptop computers) to conduct job activities.
- Review assigned work to locate households for verifying addresses and/or conducting interviews.
- Conduct interviews with residents in assigned areas by following stringent guidelines and confidentiality laws. Explain the purpose of the census interview, answer respondent’s questions, collect information following a script, and record census data using electronic devices and/or paper forms.
- Update address lists and maps.
- Validate address and map updates for quality purposes.
- Follow procedures to conduct accurate work while maintaining acceptable production rates.
- Maintain and submit records of hours worked, miles driven, and expenses incurred in the performance of duties.
- Meet/talk with supervisor, as necessary, to review procedures, report issues or concerns, and receive additional instructions.
You can learn more and apply online.
|Job Category||Administrative and Clerical|