Strives to improves the quality of life for the patients/residents by providing appropriate, meaningful activities and interventions on a one-on-one and/or group basis. Administers the monthly activity calendar. Regularly elicits patients/residents input into activity planning and keeps activities well organized and upbeat, following all state required activities such as music, craft and spiritual activities. Partakes in activities appropriate for the patient/department and residents in order to support and ensure functioning at an optimal level while also maintaining dignity and identity. Assists with simple nursing procedures and transporting patients/residents to and from rooms. Assists with Minimum Data Set’s (MDS’s) documentation. Displays creativity and resourcefulness. Demonstrates the ability to follow written and verbal instructions while working under close supervision. Exhibits excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Demonstrates leadership abilities to develop and motivate people. Possesses the ability to work with strong willed patients/residents and/or behavioral issues. Maintains strong critical thinking skills and problem solving skills. Prioritizes responsibilities while working autonomously. Plans and oversees the utilization of resources and designs of work processes.
- Hours are based on resident and department needs. Occasional evening with alternating Saturdays.
- Occasional transport of residents to appointments and family outings.
- Transport training and annual competency required. (training done on site)
- Operation of 14 passenger bus required for outings. Training provided on site. (CDL not required)
- High school graduate or equivalent preferred.
- Experience in social services or creative activities are preferred. Experience in geriatrics preferred. Knowledge of working with a wide variety of resident demographics.
- Current Certified Nurses Assistant (CNA) certification or currently enrolled as a student in a healthcare related program preferred. This role classifies as a Sanford Category II Driver requiring a motor vehicle report and proof of valid driver’s license. Also must be medically qualified to perform the essential driving functions of this position as per our Sanford Driving Policy. Basic Life Support (BLS) required. All new employees will attend CPR training, and must be certified within six months of hire. Obtains and subsequently maintains required department specific competencies and certifications.
See the company’s website for more information.
|Job Category||Health Care, Recreation|